Thursday, March 10, 2011

Two Hour Window Update

Hi!

Today I thought I'd share a super easy, low cost, and no sew window transformation I recently completed.  As you all know, just a few weeks ago, Mom and I attempted the daunting task of slipcovering the RED couches - with great {I think} results! After completing the couches, the curtains that "dress" the patio doors started to look a little "circusy." See what I mean?



I had heard rumors of "drop cloth" curtains in blogdom and thought I'd give them a try. When I went to my local home-improvement store, there were several sizes of drop cloths to choose from. I went with 6'x9'.  I love the linen look of the canvas!


I got two drop cloths - one panel for each side of my patio doors. 

Here is the final cost:



Not too shabby!

I washed and partially dried the drop cloths, removing them from the dryer while still a tad damp. Then I  ironed them to get all the wrinkles out {Ironing was the hardest part, it just requires some patience}.  Once that was done, I adjusted the length of the curtains by folding the unused portion behind the top and used my curtain clip rings to clip them in place on the fold line!  Easy, peasy!

Here is the finished result:


To me, the room is starting to feel much more serene and "grown up." The neutral palette is also a plus, since we'll be putting our townhouse on the market soon. Keep your fingers crossed for selling - I'd love to find a new dream house! 

3 comments:

  1. you and your mom are so creative! actually, your entire family is pretty handy if i'm not mistaken.

    good luck selling your town home. My husband and I listed our home in Nashville in January, and it is FINALLY under contract. Neutral will certainly help you! But be patient. It is a difficult market for sure.

    Here's to finding a new dream house. :)

    Katie (Powers) Roeder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may never have a home that's "mine", but I sure did stop by Home Depot yesterday and get new paint swatches for the home I decorating in my head.

    This design features drape JUST LIKE what you did with your new ones!

    I knew you had great taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new look! Neutrals are so versatile and I know you have the perfect ideas to bring your "new" room to life.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for sharing your life with me!