Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Absence Explained

Hello blog friends!

I know, I know, it has been quite a while since I've posted. I hate to keep you all in suspense for so long! I do have a good reason though, I promise! This past week, Mr. Maestro and I had the pleasure of hosting the Maestro family "kiddies" for the week (I have not yet coined clever names with which to refer to them - I'll be working on that).  We had so much fun! Mr. Maestro was on Spring Break (wahoo!) last week, so he got to spend a bit more time with them than I did.  Needless to say, I was busy having SO MUCH FUN I just didn't have time to post!

Here are just SOME of the adventures we had:

We attended a Gala...

 {These are our best "Jazz" poses - I'm playing the trumpet and Mr. Maestro is on the drums}


We had a picnic in the park...


We ate some yummy "multi-chef" meals...


Never fear, even in the midst of the par-tay-ing, we still had time to get a few projects completed. 

I'll share one of them today.

 I celebrated St. Patty's day by going green with an herb garden! I LOVE having fresh herbs throughout the spring and summer! I planted Rosemary, Sweet Basil, German Thyme, Boxwood Basil, Oregano, and Mint. I have been using these herbs nearly every day since.

I don't really have a lot of space for a garden, and what space I do have gets very little sun. I solved this little conundrum by hanging my herb garden on the wall, er...fence (where it can take advantage of the mid-day sun). I planted each herb in a separate bucket (with drainage holes), and hung the buckets on a painted 2x4 with decorative hooks. This will be my third season to use this little set-up, and I must say it works marvelously well! Here's a quick pic:
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your dress, MC. Such a fashionista. Also, you know I am still obsessed with your herb garden. three years after discovering, and I'm still bugging Andy about making me one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, E- but I can't take credit for the dress. I borrowed it from a friend! You of all people should know that my coolest clothes are the ones I borrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for sharing your life with me!