Thursday, April 21, 2011

What I'm excited about...

Happy Rainy Thursday afternoon!

I know it's been a while since I last posted. I'm sorry! I won't bore you with details about my busy life - you all have busy lives as well. I will share with you, however, something that has me captivated.
My summer vacation.
This year's vacation is unlike any other. For starters, it's a bit longer - 17 days to be exact!  It is coming up in just a matter of weeks and I cannot contain my excitement any longer!
Here are a few things I am excited about:



The Art {Painting by Li Lin}

The Culture {Forbidden City, Beijing}


The Sights {The Great Wall of China}

But what I am {not so secretly} most excited about is:



That's right, we're going to China - and I can't wait to visit the fabric markets!  Lucky for me, we happen to know some "Insiders" who have promised to take us {err...me. Mr. Maestro isn't as thrilled about the market as I am...}. My mind is just racing with all the things I want to look for, have made, and bring back.
What would you be most excited about?

3 comments:

  1. Are you into fabrics? I used to LOVE to go to the fabric souq (market) in Yemen. The flashiest and most fun fabric + good old utilitarian stuff also. It was sold by weight and not by yardage (metricage). Do you sew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, the fabric would have me for sure too. I've only been thinking about it for a total of 30 seconds and my home is already more asian-inspired in my head. ;)

    Have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember our quick run through the fabric market in Guangzho. I'm so excited that you'll have more time to look. Be sure to make a wish list....you know the choices will easily overwhelm your senses....I know they would mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for sharing your life with me!